The Final Programme along with the thematic areas can be found here.
5G as a system doesn’t entirelly design and produce new protocols, but it will have the ability to interconnect systems and services with final target to provide “Interoperability in communications and networks”. But what is actually 5G; This is considered to be a critical question for many people that work in the field of networks. In order to fullfill that need this summer school has as exclusive goal to provide a series of lectures and workshops taught by world renowned experts in the areas such as:
- Small Cells and Hetnets
- Energy and Network Optimization
- Cooperative Technologies
- MIMO Systems and TeraHertz Communications
- Cloud and Pervasive Computing
- Energy Efficient and Green Networks
- Cognitive Radio Systems
- Spectrum Management and Bandwidth Brokerage
- Network Technologies and Management
- Network Virtualization and Software-Defined Networks
If you join AegeanNetCom2015 you will:
- Get acquainted with state of the art technologies in Communication systems and Networking
- Work in team in order to develop a detailed image regarding simulation procedures based on networking design
- Familiarize with aspects and terms of Networking from research to market implementation
- Learn about the life-cycle of a networking technology and the updating techniques in order to be characterized as future proof.
- Have an unforgetable sunny learning experience in a beautifull Greek island
The program is designed for senior undergraduate and graduate students (already enrlolled in a MSc/PhD program) from Universities in Greece and abroad in the fields of electrical engineering, electronic engineering, communication and networking engineering and related disciplines. Young and senior professionals that wish to specialize or update their knowledge in the area of communication and networking are also welcome to join.
All educational sessions will be carried out in English.
All participants that will successfully fulfill course requirements will receive a “certification of attendance”.
After the finishing of the summer school all participants will have to write a report (5000-7000 words) to a specific subject. The report is obligatory for receiving 4 ECTS credits, otherwise 3 ECTS will be validated.
The school will start at 19 August 2015 and will last until 28 August 2015. Each participant must complete the online registration form in order to attend the school.
Application deadline: 19 June 2015 (early bird registration – discount fee) and 19 July 2015 (deadline registration – regular fees).